Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Pineapple Pork Chops

     I love meat and I'm not sure I could stop doing meat and potato meals, like I grew up eating almost every night. Emily has decided the past few months that she will not being eating meat so I will be looking for more recipes when she comes home on breaks.
     This recipe could be used with any meat that would taste good like a "sweet n sour' type meal. Chicken would be a great idea.


 
     I had on hand a can of crushed pineapple and apple cider vinegar. I used 1/3 cup of the pineapple and 2 Tbsp of apple cider vinegar. Combine in small mixing bowl. See my 2 TBSP measuring spoon, I really like this and it was a kitchen gadget I got at Williams Sonoma a few years ago. I use it a lot. It also comes with
1 1/2 TBSP and 2 tsp measuring spoon.

  These items I had on hand also. I use Dijon mustard I get from Aldi in my homemade salad dressing so I always keep it. Use 1 TBSP of the mustard and 1 tsp of the soy sauce. Add to the mixture above.


Add 2 TBSP of brown sugar blend with splenda to bowl. Add 1/2 tsp olive oil to a non stick frying pan and turn on medium high. To the same bowl add a heaping fork full of minced garlic, then use that same fork and mix it up well.













Add pork chops to frying pan with olive oil and cook about 5 minutes per side until browned. I buy my chops at Aldi they are usually thick and well worth the price. These were only 3.70 for a little over a pound. It was only Mike and I eating so that was plenty for the two of us.


Poor half of the pineapple mixture over the chops and simmer for several minutes, then turn over and add remaining pineapple mixture.
This was excellent and I ate 2 of the small ones. Weight Watcher points are 6. I served frozen Green Giant broccoli & cheese sauce plus my big bowl of Faux-tay-toes. My meal total for this was 12 points. If I had adjusted butter and cream cheese I could have got by with less but I really enjoyed the fake mashed potatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment